Terms and Conditions
1. DPD Local provide the courier service for all our customer orders. By completing your order with Pest Control Supermarket.com Ltd, you are authorising us to act as your agent in contracting DPD to provide the courier service for delivery of your goods.
2. Our standard Delivery Charge is £4.99 using DPD Local*. This service achieves a 98.8% success rate on its Next Working Day Service. This applies to UK Mainland Addresses.Scottish Highlands & Northern Ireland addresses are charged at a slightly higher rate. Please note that Pest Control Supermarket.com Ltd do not profit from delivery charges as we simply pass on the exact amount we are charged by DPD to make the delivery.
3. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure they make payment for the correct delivery service. Failure to do so will result in the dispatch of items being delayed until additional payment has been made.
4. We are unable to dispatch goods on Saturdays, Sundays or Bank Holidays (including Christmas and New Years Eve) as none of the courier companies will carry out collections at these times.
5. Although we offer a next day delivery service, and while our chosen dispatch company are of a very high standard, we can not completely guarantee or accept any responsibility, in the unlikely event that goods do not reach you on the following working day. In exceptional circumstances where we are unable to dispatch same day, PestControlSupermarket.com and its associated companies reserve the right to dispatch goods on the following day. In this event any delivery charges paid by the customer will either be reimbursed or the order cancelled and refunded in full.
6. In the unlikely event that you have not received your goods within 72 hours of ordering (or 96 hours if you ordered after 4pm on a Friday or at the weekend), then please contact us and we will provide you with the consignment number for your parcel in order that you can track the status of your item online at www.dpdlocal.co.uk.
Simply go to this web address and enter your consignment number and post code in the Expecting a Parcel box shown in the right hand panel. From there, click on details of where your parcel is now.
7. Once DPD has collected your goods from us, responsibility for delivery passes to them, so any issues with late/missed deliveries or non-deliveries should be taken up with DPD by telephoning their Customer Services department or the local depot.
8. We regularly monitor our competitors to ensure that we are providing our customers with the very best possible prices. However, should you see an identical product available at a lower price, we will always match or beat this price with the exception of the following situations: Our guaranteed lowest prices policy does not apply to or include sales, clearance sales, auction sites, entered typing errors, instances where a quantity purchase is applicable, or where a price is being offered on unavailable stock.
9. www.pestcontrolsupermarket.com reserve the right to limit the quantity of a product ordered, or the number of repeat orders. If placed online a full refund would be provided.
10. All pest repellers can take anywhere between 14-30 days to take effect within a home. Therefore this period of time must be allowed to establish control. After this period, if you are not completely satisfied you may return the product, by way of a postage method which requires a signature, upon receipt a full refund will then be offered (less carriage).
11. As we strive to continually improve the quality of our products, pestcontrolsupermarket reserves the right to replace any item with another. This will only ever be done if the replacement product is of an exact or better standard. For example, if a purchased brand of insecticide has an active ingredient of 1%, it will only ever be substituted with another brand of insecticide with that strength as a minimum. Also as was recently the case, if Rentokil introduce a better quality Moth Killer, (which they did) then this will supercede the one previously available.
12. In relation to the use of glue boards, please be aware of the following:
Under the Animal Welfare Act 2006, any animal becomes a 'protected animal' when it is 'under the control of a human being, whether it be on a permanent or temporary basis'. Therefore an animal in such a trap is classed as protected, and if unnecessary suffering is caused, as a result of poor practice while using such a trap, through failure to release, or kill the animal in an appropriate manner, then it may be considered that an offence of causing unnecessary suffering under section 4 of this Act has been commited.
Faults and Returns
13. All goods must be inspected at time of acceptance, and prior to signing for. In the event that any goods are damaged, notes to this effect must be made on the carriers paperwork. Failure to do so means that a claim for damaged goods in transit, will not be considered by the carrier. In these instances all additional shipping costs will be met by pestcontrolsupermarket.com. Any missing items must be reported to us within 48 hours of receipt.
14. Any goods reaching you in a faulty condition will be collected and exchanged by our courier. This must be reported to us within 48 hours of receipt and returned together with all original packaging. Full details of how goods should be returned will be provided at time of report.
15. While a full refund will always be offered on goods returned within 14 days, the cost of outward and return shipping will not be refunded in instances where the customer has changed their mind, been unable to receive the goods due to absence, failed to track/locate, or collect from carriers holding point. Furthermore, in the event that shipping costs have been subsidised, this subsidy may also be reclaimed to cover 'actual' shipping and packaging costs. In all instances goods must be returned within 14 days of dispatch, and must be shipped back by way of recorded/signed for delivery in order to qualify for a refund. Our returns address is 42 Broadfield Road, Sheffield S8 0XJ.
16. In the event that an order is returned or has to be refunded as a result of a customer error, or failure to receive/collect or after 14 days of receipt then a £9.95 restocking charge will apply. In addition we also incur a returns charge of £5.50 if a customer fails to collect their parcel from a local post office after 3 weeks. This is unusual as most customers chase a parcel's progress within this time frame. However, in instances where we incur this charge it will obviously have to be passed on to the customer if no correspondence is received within 21 days of dispatch.
17. Where goods are returned by our carriers due to incorrect delivery information being supplied, or a consignment not being accepted at its destination. Any costs associated with re-delivery will lie solely with the customer, alternatively a refund of goods less initial delivery charge will be offered. A restocking charge may apply.
18. No refund will be issued to goods returned to us after 30 days, where the customer has not contacted us to chase their order or attempted to collect their items from the Post Office or Depot where it had been held. Should the customer request redelivery of their goods after they have been returned to us then they will incur an additional postage charge of £4.99 in addition to the £5.50 returns charge*.
19. Pest Control Supermarket.com Ltd cannot guarantee the success of any supplied product as we are unable to assess correct usage, thoroughness of application, the extent of any infestation or any other contributing factors. For these reasons, no refunds can be given on this basis. Any complaints or queries about the efficacy of products must be taken up directly with the manufacturer.
20. By purchasing from our website you consent to receiving marketing information from us by email regarding offers and products. We will never pass your details on to third parties. Should you not wish to receive such information, please contact us at email@example.com or you can simply unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the relevant link at the bottom of each marketing email to remove your contact details.
*Exclusive of VAT. All delivery charges are subject to VAT at 20%.